Ms. Tatoyan’s writing/directing debut short film, Toujours, was a selection at the Arpa International Film Festival 2012. She is currently writing her third feature script Lie.Sex.Death. (LSD): Producer, Naré Mkrtchyan (short list Academy Award® for The Other Side of Home); Concurrently Ms. Tatoyan is developing Serpent, a multi-media VR experience in Aleppo.
- The First Full Moon | Feature
2011 Sundance/RAWI participant and 2012 Dubai Film Connection/Festival Project
What is love? What is family? What are boundaries? Are these things even definable?
Two wars are going on: a civil war in Syria and a war of love in the heart of Zulal Kazazian. Zulal’s childhood curse has left her childless and reeling from a youthful incestuous relationship with her uncle. As Zulal battles the demons of her past she is forced to ask: was her sexual affair something else, something more like love?
- The Summit and The Well | Feature
What do we speak? What do we not speak and why? What does our body speak that our voice is unable to express?
A road film in which the crossing of borders, both literal and metaphorical, is vital to understanding our own internal boundaries and where they exist. As Yeraz, a modern, young Syrian-Armenian American, discovers her body, she experiences a sexual coming of age and healing, understanding the interior “personal” land that was ravaged at an early age. As she does so she travels through the external landscape of present day Armenia and into the Western Armenia of the past.
- We have been broken with your absence Ahval Read Full Text
- "Osman opened up a new Turkey for me." | AGOS | Read Full Text
- As Aleppo crumbles, its history and its people stand proud | The National | Read Full Text
- Turning Poison into Medicine: My Journey as Producer of ‘Three Apples Fell from Heaven’ | The Armenian Weekly | Read Full Text